Saturday, April 2, 2011

Clearing the fence line

Today Tom was busy clearing part of the fence line. I went down to help (briefly) and discovered a full horse skeleton. I had heard from locals that the previous owner had been neglectful, and an visit from the RSPCA when we first took over the propery indicated that there had been some form of animal neglect, however I was hoping for the animals' sake that it wasn't as bad as people had made it seem.
However today's discovery linked into a story I had heard from some locals (who called the property "the horse murder's place").
I was so sad that someone could actually treat animals so badly, and I hope that as time goes on the locals will find Tom and I to be very different people from the previous owner.
I know that I will be doing everything within my power to make sure the history of the property does not continue on into the future, and our animals are happy and healthy.

3 comments:

  1. What a sad find,I hope there are no more gruesome discoveries. I know that all your animal's welfare is assured. xJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats terrible mon. Those poor animals. I have no doubt that the animals now living on your farm are going to well looked after :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely no fear of you hurting animals Nique... kill them with kindness perhaps! MXX

    ReplyDelete